Amersham Hill CC - Timeline

1920 The COW FUND was raised for compensation to the farmer for the loss of a cow which was poisoned by yew hedge cuttings thrown into the field adjoining the cricket ground

1921 There were 94 supporters and club members listed in the annual accounts

1922 Cartage, erection and painting of pavilion at a cost of £16-11-3

1925 Members of the Chesham and Distric League

1927 Club colours of red and blue changed from white and black

1931 11th Annual Gymkana held in Rickmansworth Road (now Woodside Road)

1936 Death of first President, Mr Alfred Ellis

1937 Purchase of new mower as a result of an  appeal

1938 Name changed to Amersham Hill Cricket Club

1939 Pavilion Extended at a cost of £28

1940 Cricket Played

1941-44 No cricket, pavilion used by Bucks Education
Committee and part of the ground used as allotments

1945 Cricket re-started

1948 David Cooper selected to play for Buckinghamshire v Staffordshire

1950 Concrete practice wicket laid down

1952 Sunday home matches introduced
1952 Six-a-side competition for the Amersham Hill Challenge Cup

1953 Old time cricket match played in Barn Meadow on Coronation Day

1954 Purchase Atco mower and shed. Blade broken first time of use

1957 Bar opened

1958 Tilley lamps used for lighting

1960 Formation of Amersham Hill Sports Club Ltd  to have legal title to the ground

1961 Installation of electricity

1962 Provision of cess pit

1963 Played in Table Tennis league
1963 Sid Starkie inaugurated the annual BBQ

1970 Fixture with Amersfoort cricket tour who were a mixed hockey and cricket club from Holland

1973 Showers provided
1973 Winter nets installed
1973 Amersham and Chesham Lions annual fireworks display started

1974 Second XI asks for a new ball for each home match
1975 Darts team formed

1978 Formation of 100 Club

1980 New base for concrete net installed

1983 Colts Team reach U15 County Final

1984 First cricket tour to the Isle of Wight
1984 Cricket Week also arranged

1985 100 matches for the season
1985 Admitted to the Chiltern League

1987 Improvements to the kitchen, clubroom and  new entrance

1988 Changing rooms and showers re-fitted
1988 Mini Tractor purchased
1988 Plastic sheeting to cover wickets brought into use

1990 Proposed amalgamation with Chiltern came  to no conclusion

1991 Fire in equipment shed

1992 Kwik Cricket organised by Rob Mackenzie

1995 75th Anniversary Dinner
Ladies section formed

1996 Telephone installed

1997 Champions of Chiltern League

1998 Retained Chiltern League

2000 New pavilion specifications prepared hoping  work would start at the end of the 2001 season

2003 Shortfall of 50K between current funds and expected costs for the new pavilion, therefore put on hold

2005 Entrance named Peter Dwight Drive in memory of his quiet and valuable contribution to the club
Election of Margaret Borns as first lady treasurer 2012 Saturday 1st XI Promoted to Division 1 Morrant Chilterns League